Login Problems?

If you can't log into the forum, go here for help. Forum Login Info

The Avalon Team

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:16 am

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:21 pm 

Bridgette McCormick is your typical teenage girl, 17 and bright; next year she will be a senior in High School. She talked her dad into getting her an unpaid internship at his work, Mind Tech LLC, where he is chief electronics engineer. The company develops all sorts of robotics systems, something both Bridgette and her dad love; building robots with her dad is way cool. Bridgette also likes anima, comics, video games and reading Twilight. (Go team Edward!)

Soon after starting her summer internship Bridgette discovered warehouse D, called that because that’s is where the company stored all its dud experiments and robotic failures. Begging her dad to let he spend her days organizing and cataloging what is stored there, she has discovered a treasure trove of electronic bits and doo-dads. Old robotic systems that did not work out soon were turned into Jet boosting rockets that Bridgette installed into her high tops. Globs of fast setting glop that she can throw and trap run away robots and experiments gone bad. Yep she was having the blast of her life in that warehouse, that is until the company was invaded by robbers.

Bridgette was in her warehouse eating her PB and J lunch with Strawberry go-gery when two big guys walked on in and started rummaging through her stuff.

The two thugs told her to take off, but Bridgette was not going to have them wreack her stuff, she had spent all summer getting that spy bot to work right. Just then the thugs boss walked in, a huge man wearing a green hood and pants.

“Grab her!” the chief thug ordered as the two henchmen moved to take Bridgette into custody. “We will lock her up with the rest of the employees,” said the green hooded man.

“I don’t think so," replied Bridgette as she did a perfect back flip and then cartwheel across the warehouse floor, all those years of gymnastics paying off. Grabbing a hand full of her glob bombs, she hit the thugs both in the knees, the glops flowing around their legs, hardening into a thick, unbreakable rubber like substance.

‘Hey! What Gives?” Cried out the thugs as their boss looked on. “Damn it hard to hire good help in this city,” the Hood complained.

“Come here kid, before you get hurt,” ordered the Hood has he charge at her.

With a squeak Bridgette launched into the air, her jet boosting converse sneakers taking her high above the charging man. As she flew over his head she kicked him hard in the back, sending the hood-wearing thug into a pile of ill staked boxes sending him and the boxes into a huge pile.

Seeing she had the chance, Bridgette took off to find her Dad and call the cops. When her Dad and the cops entered the warehouse they found the two thugs, still caught in the rubber glop, but no sign of the Green Hood.

“Bridgette,” her Dad called as he hugged her tight, “I’m proud of you, but don’t do that again. Those men could have been dangerous!” Bridgette just smiles, "Aw Dad, they didn’t have a chance."

So we started off with my new hero, Gadget Girl, a 1st level hero. She rolled for her first patrol roll and got a super villain committing a high tech robbery (A “20” on the first roll, WOW). Geee, right off the bat and I get a super villain. Well what better way to bring in her origin story I think, and pick the Green Hood as the bad guy. Two thugs filled out the bad guy crew, but Gadget Girl took them both out with a well place entanglement bomb with its 20’ area of effect.

The Green Hood took the chance to make an attack, and scored a hit, but puffed his damage and rolled real low. Gadget Girl took off with her flight boots, but got a hit herself, and did some damage with a bit of knock back. This more or less ended the fight, as I had to get ready for the holiday on Saturday.

Still all in all it was a fun little fight. I gave Gadget Girl some Exp. and ranked the Green Hood as her first super villain at rank 1. I gave Gadget Girl a Public Id so she gained +2 to her Reputation. Gadget Girl earned 250 Exp. for the encounter and another 400 for each Thug. I did not give her any Exp. for the fight with the Green Hood as she did not get past the first round with him before I had to stop.

That ended her first issue and the start to a lot of fun I think.

Gadget Girl
Acrobat, Level 1
Human, Medium

Init: +8
AC: 17
Hps: 9
Base Attack: +0
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Melee: Fist +0 (1D3)
Kick +0 (2D6)

Str 10 (+0), Dex 16 (+3), Con 12 (+1), Int 16 (+3), Wis 10 (+0), Chr 14 (+2)

Powers: 1 (Exchanged for a feat)

Class Features: Evasion, Class Ability (Initiative), Gear

Feats: Improved Initiative, Gadgeteer, Skill Focus (Electronics), Utility Belt, Well Equipped

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Craft (Electronics) 1, Investigation 1 (+10), Perception 1 (+4), Power Activation 1 (+3), Stealth 1 (+4), Swim (+1)

Flavor and Flaws: Scientific Genius, Gullible

Special: (6 RPs) Combat Suit (Armor 2, +4 AC, item), Jet Boots (Super Jump 2, item), Glob Bomb (Entanglement 2, Major item, One use, Area of effect, Ranged), Spy Bot (Clairvoyance 2, Major item), Jet Boosted Kick (Natural Weapons 2) item, Jet Powered Scooter (Flight 3, Major item)

Issue: 1 (A hero is Born)
Issue 2:

Ranks:

Super Villain Ranks:
Green Hood: 1

Last edited by hemdog560 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Issue 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:44 pm 

Issue 2
The summer was great, Bridgette got to tinker in her Dad’s warehouse of lost toys, stopped a robbery and even got to cos-play with her best friend Jill, at the comic con. Bridgette dressed up as Gadget Girl, and her and Jill worked all week on their costumes. It was great, and a real hit at the con. She even brought some of her gadgets along to show off. Jill suggested they make a few WatchTube videos and post them on line. Got a whole bunch of hits and followings.

Summer of course had to come to an end and back to school, Star High looked different from the eyes of a senior Bridgette thought. Same old boring teachers and bad lunches, but still, something was different about the place. Jill thinks its because they are the top dogs, head of the food chain and all, but Bridgette is not too sure.

A few days after school started word gets around that there are a few bad kids now going to school, being bused in from Low town. Bridgette and a few others tried to welcome these kids to the school, and most are real cool. Being poor does not mean you have to go to a crummy school. Still there is one kid, he wares his cap sideways and has a tattoo of a playing card with a dagger through it, calls himself a “card carrying killa’.”

Bridgette does not want to point fingers, but a series of drugs sales has hit the school as well. While there has been some pot and a few Oxy’s at school every year, and a crowd of druggies that hang out by the gym, Bridgette has never seen this amount of illegal drugs going around like she is seeing this year. Jill hates to say it out loud, but she thinks it’s the Low Town kids bring in the drugs and selling them. Bridgette hates to think that might be the case, but she also knows someone has to do something.

Using her Spy Bot one day, she spies on the gym druggies and sure enough sees the card carrying killa’ kid selling drugs, right here at school.

Gadget Girl rolled for her second patrol roll and got a 16, Street Gang, and then rolls an 11 for drug dealers. She tries the first option of watching what is going on, but as she does not have the Sense Motive skill, she has to try it without any bonuses. She rolls an 8, which is an utter failure, and so has to try again, but this time at +3 to the DC. She rolls a “19“ and just makes hit, sheer luck if you ask me.

So she has figured out who is selling the drugs and now needs to watch them in the act. As she has a super device to aid her, she first must make a Power Activation skill check vs. DC 12. (The standard DC in most cases) She rolls a “13” and gets the bot working right for a change. Using her spy bot she is able to spy on the kid and follows him to his hang out, in Low Town. She needs to make a Perception skill check vs. DC 18, and has a base bonus of +4, plus +1 for using her Spy Bot (Power lvl 2). She rolls a 14 +5, for a 19 total.

Seeing she will have to get some evidence before she can go to the cops, Gadget Girl uses her jet powered scooter to head off towards Low Town. Using her jump boots and jet scooter, she makes a Climb skill check, rolls a 17, plus +2, for a total of 19, which is more then she needed.

Gathering some evidence she heads off to the police station, being sure to have videoed the whole thing for post to her site later on.

Gadget Girl gains the following from this event.

+1 Mob rank
+1 Do Gooder rank
+1 to her next Street Gang skill roll.
+1 Reputation
70 Exp.

Gadget Girl
Acrobat, Level 1
Human, Medium

Exp: 1,120

Init: +9
AC: 17
Kick +0 (2D6)

Feats: Improved Initiative, Gadgeteer, Skill Focus (Electronics), Utility Belt, Well Equipped

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Craft (Electronics) 1 (+10), Investigation 1 (+10), Perception 1 (+4), Power Activation 1 (+3), Stealth 1 (+4), Swim 1 (+1)

Special: (6 RPs) Combat Suit (Armor 2, +4 AC, item), Jet Boots (Super Jump 2, item), Glob Bomb (Entanglement 2, Major item, One use, Area of effect, Ranged), Spy Bot (Clairvoyance 2, Major item), Jet Boosted Kick (Natural Weapons 2, item), Jet Powered Scooter (Flight 3, Major item)

Issue 2: Drugs In School

Ranks:
Do Gooder: 1
Mob: 1

Super Villain Ranks:

Note: Gains a +1 to her next Street Gang Skill Roll required.

Last edited by hemdog560 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:41 am 

Part 3
“But Dad?!, Its not fair!!” Bridgette squealed with that high-pitched noise that is held is reserve for fathers that have grounded their daughters.

“I told you Bridgette that you could not continue with this crazy superhero stuff,” her dad replied to the complaint, “That one time in the warehouse was one thing, but to continue to dress up and seek out criminals is altogether different, and dangerous!”

“Dad you have always told me to do the right thing,” Bridgette replied, “To make the world a better place. Well I am, this is how I am doing it.”

“Make the world a better place! I meant to recycle, to volunteer at a soap kitchen, not dress up fighting drug dealing street gangs.” He dad continued as he sat down at the kitchen table to drink his coffee.

“A week cooling your heels will maybe get you to think about just how dangerous this sort of stuff is,” he continued. “Life is not some movie or a comic book, people can get hurt doing the crazy stuff you are getting into.”

Sitting down across from him Bridgette tried to explain. “Dad, its not all that dangerous, mostly just me zooming around the city on my scooter,” she begins, “But ya, it could become dangerous, but you always told me that doing the right thing can be dangerous, but you should do it anyways. This city needs someone like me, to show the people of this town that they don’t have to live in fear of crime, that they can take back their city and make it a place that is safe and clean, a place that they can be proud to call home.”

“Why does that have to be you?” he dad offered.

“If not me, who else,” she offered. “Look Dad I have been taking self defense classes at the gym every week, and I even began to look up stuff on the net about how to recover fingerprints, and DND, and how to handle evidence.” Bridgette offered as she continued. “Its all way cool, and I’m good at it. Don’t stop me now when I am just getting started. I’m good at this; I think I can make something of it. So let me at least try?”

With a deep sign her dad agrees. “But not on school nights and you have to be home by 10 all other nights. No crazy ideas about fighting street gangs and stuff. You take whatever you find to the cops, understand!”

Bridgette yelped with glee. “You’re the best daddy!” She said as she hugged her dad and kissed him on the head.

“You are still grounded for the week,” her dad called after he as she walked off.

“What!?”

Rolled for the next issue's patrol roll and got a “3”, a quiet night. Beings she was on lock down by her dad, she took the time to train and gained 100 exp.

Gadget Girl
Acrobat, Level 1
Human, Medium

Exp: 1,220

AC: 10
Kick +0 (2D6)

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Craft (Electronics) 1 (+5), Investigation 1 (+10), Perception 1 (+4), Power Activation 1 (+3), Stealth 1 (+4), Swim (+1)

Special: (6 RPs) Combat Suit (Armor 2, +4 AC, item), Jet Boots (Super Jump 2, item), Glob Bomb (Entanglement 2, Major item, One use, Area of effect, Ranged), Spy Bot (Clairvoyance 2, Major item), Jet Boosted Kick (Natural Weapons 2, item), Jet Powered Scooter (Flight 3, Major item)

Issue 3: Grounded

Ranks:

Super Villain Ranks:

Part Four:
“Look kid you are going to get hurt if you go walking around this part of town dressed like that. The Bowery is no place for some rich kid from the west side. You best get back on that scooter of yours and head home.”

“But officer,” Bridgette continued to try to explain, “I’m here to help.”

“Look kid, I know all about you and your Watchtube videos. My daughter watches them all the time,” Officer Kennedy explains. “That don’t mean you should play hero around here. Go home.”

“OK, I will, its getting late anyways and I have a curfew, but don’t worry officer, I will be back.”

“That’s what worries me,” the large man says to himself as Gadget Girl leaves on her scooter.

Rolled an 11 this time for her patrol roll and got Informants, Allies and Contacts. I had Gadget Girl take a rank in Law and Order this time around so she is ready to start her first real adventure out of the mini-mission book.

Gadget Girl
Acrobat, Level 1
Human, Medium

Exp: 1,220

Kick +0 (2D6)

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Craft (Electronics) 1 (+5), Investigation 1 (+10), Perception 1 (+4), Power Activation 1 (+3), Stealth 1 (+4), Swim (+1)

Ranks:
Law and Order: 1

Super Villain Ranks:

Part 5
It had been some exciting weeks, and fall was turning cold. Bridgette had been spending a lot of time working on Gadget Girl stuff. Jill and her little brother, Tommy, had been helping as well. Jill worked up a new costume, this one with all kinds of hidden pockets and a belt for storing Gadget Girl gadgets. Meanwhile Tommy, who was a wiz at computers and stuff, worked up a web site for Gadget Girl, there they hosted all the videos she and Jill had been taking, as well and a forum for her fans to post stuff on.

He dad even started getting into it all a bit more, he had a friend, a lawyer, that copy righted Gadget Girl for her, so now she could own her image. “If you are going to build a brand, best cover yourself legally.” her dad advised.

A few weeks had gone by since her troubles at school with the drug dealers. Kids were cool though with her and her Gadget Girl adventures. She was no longer that nameless nerd that liked robots, now she was sort of popular. Gadget Girl though, was not always popular, especially with some people.

“Look kid, I told ya before, the Bowery is no place for a rich kid,” Office Kennedy told Bridgette once again as they stood on the corner of the street.

“But offer Kennedy, you need my help. You can’t be everywhere all the time, but with me around, I can help out. I can keep an eye on things and let you know when something bad is going on.”

“And get yourself killed in the process.” Kennedy offered with a glum expression.

“No!, I promised my dad I would stay out of trouble. Just keeping an eye on things is all I am allowed to do.”

“Well keep an eye on things somewhere else.” Kennedy offered as he walked off.

“You will see, I am going to be a great big help around here,” Bridgette called after him as she got on her scooter to continue her patrol. It was Saturday and she had the whole day to zoom around the city. She started her patrol on the west side, but if you are going to fight crime, she figured you had to go where the crime was, and that meant the Bowery.

Heading off towards the docks she figured she would do a little patrolling around the area and then head off to get some lunch and call it a day, maybe go see what Jill was up to.

Just then Bridgette sees a lady in trouble across the street. She was being surrounded by some sort of odd creatures, all dark and musty looking. Gadget Girl pulled up to a stop and called out, “”Hey Lady?!, You alright?”

“Help!” was all the woman could get out with a weak reply. She was scared stiff. Bridgette didn’t have the time to get officer Kennedy; the police officer was too far away. Gadget Girl would have to deal with this alone.

Jumping off her scooter, Gadget Girl rushed in to save the woman while at the same time setting up her Go-cam so Gadget Girl's adventures could be later shown on Watchtube. As she got closer she could see that the dark creatures were just gross. All arms and teeth. She dropped a few glob bombs as she rushed in, stopping one of the creatures, but not nearly enough as there were two more to deal with.

One of the creatures took a swipe at Gadget Girl, but the padded costume that Jill had worked up sure did the trick and stopped most of the claws from cutting into Bridgette’s arm. Still she could feel the unearthly cold that came off the thing. For the first time Bridgette realized this could be dangerous, and she might be getting in over her head. Still her had to help.

Kicking in her jet boots, Gadget Girl did a perfect back flip and kicked one of the creatures square in the kisser, well one of its many mouths at least. With a scream the thing dissolved right before ‘s eyes.

Two down and one to go Bridgette thought as the last of the creatures came at her, snapping its many months and teeth as it approached. The creatures tried to grab Gadget Girl, but she was able to dodge out of the way and deliver a spinning roundhouse kick, just like she had been practicing at her weekly self-defense class.

With a heavy snap, and the extra boost of the jet boots, the kick sent the creature spinning into the concrete of the sidewalk, there to also dissolved into nothing.

“Thanks you,” offer the woman as she rushed off to safety. “Your welcome!” Called Bridgette with a big smile.

Rolling a “9” for her next patrol Gadget Girl once again gets Informants, Allies and Contacts. As she has a rank of 1 in Law and Order, she takes the Dark Ones mission offered by officer Kennedy. This is her first real adventure out of the Mini-Mission book. With the defeat of the three Dark Ones she gains 1,400 Exp (200 for the mission and 400 for each of the creatures.) She also gains an all-important Hero Point.

Gadget Girl
Acrobat, Level 1
Human, Medium

Exp: 2,620

Kick +0 (2D6)

Issue 4: On Patrol
Issue 5: Dark Ones

Ranks:

Super Villain Ranks:

Hero Points: 1

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:47 pm 

Part 6
Bridgette looked at the goo under the microscope one more time but she still could not figure out what it was. She had gathered some of the slop off the sidewalk where the creature she had defeat disappear.

“Some kind of eco plasma goo I guess?” she muses to herself out loud. “Some detective I am,” She offered to no one other then herself.

“Bridgette!, You don’t hurry you are going to be late for school!” Her Mom called upstairs.

“Alright Mom, on my way.” Bridgette replied as she grabbed her backpack and rushed out of her room. “I’ll just have to figure it out later,” She said as she closed the door.

For my next patrol roll I came up with another “9”, Contact, Informants and Allies. I needed to have a rank of 1 in Street Thug, so she took that as a rank.

At school Bridgette tried to tell Jill about the encounter with the creatures, but Jill could not make out anything clear on the Go-cam video that Bridgette showed her. “Sorry super hero girl,” Jill smiled, “All I see is your left eye all the time and you squealing like a pig.”

“They were real though, I’m telling the truth!” Bridgette complained. “Dang camera just did not get a good angle is all. I will have to rig up one of my spy bots to carry the camera I think,” Bridgette mused as she and Jill walked down the hall.

"Anyways before you distracted me with your monster story I was telling you I’m going to run for Home Coming Queen!” Jill offered with a big flourish and a smile.

“That’s great bestie,” Smiled Bridgette as well. “We can do up posters and all kinds of cool stuff to help with the votes.”

“Really?” Jill asked, a bit surprised.

“Well of course I will help, why would you think I wouldn’t?”

“Well you have been all into being Gadget Girl, you sort of don’t have a lot of time for anything else it seems,” Jill explained, a bit hurt at not getting to spend as much time with her best friend.

“Sorry.” Bridgette offered, “I guess I have been a bit obsessed with it all.”

“How about Saturday then, we can have a sleep over at my house and work on the posters then.” Jill asked as she turned to go to class.

“You got it bestie, Saturday it is,” Bridgette confirmed as she pulled the door open to her history class.

Rolled an “11” this time around and got Contracts, Informants and Allies once more, and so increased her Do Gooder rank by +1.

Had a few hours to kill before she had to be over to Jill’s for the sleep over. Bridgette kind of felt sad that Jill thought she was spending too much time as Gadget Girl. Everyone was coming down on her about it. At first everyone seemed to be as exacted as she was that she was spending her time working at being Gadget Girl. Now it seemed no one cared.

No one seemed to understand, this is what she was going to do the rest of her life, being Gadget Girl was a calling, not some teenage fade or phase she was going through.

Well she would just have to show them all how dedicated she was to being a hero.

She spent most of the day on patrol, stopping to help an old lady across the street on Grand over on the West Side. Bridgette then stopped over by the old church and 5th and Luke to pickup some trash off the street and then over to the corner of Crawford and Mill to talk to officer Kennedy. She had a tip that the Card Killa’s were selling more drugs off the corner of 8th and Luke. Kennedy told her to take off before he wrote her a ticket, but Bridgette saw him smile as she took off on her scooter, so she knew she was finally getting on his good side.

As she headed off to go home she stopped once more as she drove by the scene of the attack by the monsters she had stopped the other day. She wanted to look over the spots where the creatures disappeared. Maybe she missed some evidence or something.

“You that Gadget kid?” Asked a small kid as she stood over the spot where the fight had occurred. “Ya, I’m called Gadget Girl,” Bridgette smiled and shook the kid’s hand. “Cool,” the kids offered as he stood there watching her. "I saw you the other day when you took on those boogiemen,” the kid said as she stood there.

Ow Ya,?!” Bridgette smiled with surprise. “I didn’t think anyone else was around.”

“It was cool,” the kid offered.

“You seen those monsters before?” Bridgette asked as she put her magnifying glass back into her pocket.

“Ya once or twice over the last few days,” the kid says, looking around to make sure no one else saw him talking to the girl. People around here don’t talk to cops or super heroes.

“You have a phone?” asked Bridgette. “Ya of course I do,” said the kid, a bit put off, like he was a nobody that did not have a phone. Everyone has a phone these days.

“Tell you what,” Bridgette said as she pulled out a pad of paper and a pen, “you see any of those creatures around here, you call me at this number.”

“I ani’t no snitch?” The kid said with a huff. “No one is calling you one,” Bridgette replied handing the boy the paper with her cell phone number, “but you have eyes and ears, and I need help tracking these bogeymen down. You don’t help out you might be the next one they try to eat.” Bridgette offered.

“I might call if I see something.” The boy said as he took the paper and started to code in her number on his phone.

“What’s you name kid?” Bridgette asked as she headed for her scooter.

“Tom,” the boy called after her. “Ok Tom, “Bridgette called over he shoulder as she kicked her scooter into gear and started to zip off down the street, “you keep and eye on things while I’m not around and call me if you seen anything crazy going on.”

As Gadget Girl zoomed off down the street, a dark shape began to form around the corner near where the two were just talking…

Well deep into her adventures, Gadget Girl rolled “7” and got a street crime and then a “2” for graffiti. Gadget Girl runs into a graffit thug, but instead of this I went ahead and took Tom as the encounter and took the +1 Do Gooder as the result. This allowed her to take the Dark One’s #2 mission, which she did right away.

Gadget Girl
Acrobat, Level 1
Human, Medium

Exp: 2,620

Kick +0 (2D6)

Issue 6: Goo
Issue 7: At School with Jill
Issue 8: Little Tom

Ranks:
Do Gooder: 2
Street Thug: 1

Super Villain Ranks:

Part 7

Bridgette had just left the Bowery and was on her way home so she could get over to Jill’s and the sleep over when her cell phone rang.

Pulling over and answering the phone, keying in a button on her helmet that activated the mobile speaker she had worked into her scooter helmet. "Hello say said."

“I saw one!” Called the voice on the other side of the phone call.

“Is that you Tom?” Bridgette asked, she had just left the kid a few minutes ago and he was already calling her. Maybe it was a mistake giving him her number.

“Ya its me, I just saw one, over by the park on Luke and 10th,” he answered, all excited and speaking fast and loud. “Are you sure, gee I just left a little bit ago?” Bridgette asked.

“Ya I’m sure, all arms and mouth with lots of teeth,” Tom continued, it sounded like he was out of breath. “I’m following it now over to the park, hurry up and get over here.”

“Go home Tom, those things are dangerous!” Bridgette warned as she jumped started he scooter and headed back towards the Bowery. “It’s Ok, it doesn’t see me,” Tom answered as the phone connection dropped off, no bars on Bridgette’s phone as she passed through the tunnel between the West Side and the Bowery.

“Dang phone!” Bridgette cursed as she pushed her scooter to the max speed limit it could go, zooming over the cars ahead of her, flying at full speed out of the tunnel and down onto the Bowery.

Bridgette pulled up at the park on the 10th street side and parked her scooter, frantically looking for Tom. She spotted him, his back to the statue of some war hero, all covered in pigeon pop. He was surrounded by a bunch of those creatures. Grabbing a spy bot out of her pocket Bridgette threw the bot into the air, a Go-Cam attached to the little hovering robot. Bridgette hit a button on a control box and rushed off to help Tom. She had not tested the bot much yet and hoped it would work like it was supposed too.

“Gadget Girl!, Help!” Tom called out to her as the closest monster lurking closed on the little boy. “I’m coming Tom,” Bridgette yelled, rushing up to the crowd of monsters and kicking her boots into thrust, leaping over the group of evil creatures, dropping a few Glob bombs as she passed over their heads.

Hitting the ground hard, one of the creatures tried to rip her face off with its long claws. Bridgette could feel the dark, almost alien cold coming off the creature, slimy goo dripping from its mouth. “Gross!” Bridgette complained as she backed up to stand in front of Tom, the little boy trying to put a brave face on as they were surrounded by the monsters.

“I guess I should have gone home like ya said,” Tom offered as a week apology. “Don’t worry Tom, I will get us out of this,” Bridgette said with a brave voce, but she was not too sure herself that she could take on this many of the monsters. Getting ready for the assault, she balled her hands into fists, and took a defensive stand, like she was taught at the self-defense class last week.

Just then there was a swooping sound and a flash of something brown and green. A bolt of green energy then dropped onto the lead monster, sending the creature screaming off into the brushes, there to fade and disappear in a cloud of dark smoke and ooze.

Looking up Bridgette watched as a girl, riding a broom no less, swooped around for another pass.

“Wow!” Tom exclaimed, “It’s like she fell out of a Harry Potter book!”

“Whoever she is, she just saved our butts!” Bridgette called as she ducked under the clawed attack of one of the monsters, punching it in the face with her open palm, pushing with all her strength with her arm upwards. With a small squeak the creature fell into itself and down to the ground.

As Bridgette dealt with the one monsters, the others turned to look up at the flying witch overhead. With a blast the girl throw another bolt of green energy, burning another one of the creatures and forcing it to disappear.

Meanwhile Bridgette stomped on the monster laying on the ground in front of her and turned to deal with the next one that was grabbing at her hand. Bridgette could feel the cold from the monster as she hand went numb. It hurt like hell but Bridgette kept from crying out too much, her left hand now cold and useless. Bringing her knee upward Bridgette knocked the critter in the neather regions and sent it spinning away while another one tried to grab at her.

Things were still a bit tight with her back to the statue, but Tom had taken the opportunity to rush off to the other side of the park, out of harms way. Using the brief time she had, Bridgette kicked in her boots and leaped over the heads of the creatures before her. She almost collided with the girl of the broom as they both passed each other in the air, but Bridgette was able to land near a tree and then turn to face her attackers.

With a bit of time to spare Bridgette counted five of the creatures left, one of those hurt by her knee to its goodies, if they had goodies that is. Two of the monsters were coming for her again, rushing at her from two different directions. Bridgette tensed and then lashed out with her boot, catching one of the creatures in the side, sending it into the dirt. The other clawed at her, catching her in the left arm, ripping her costume again and drawing some blood. Her side felt cold and clammy after the creature’s touch. She felt a bit sick to her stomach now. Maybe the shock of her injuries was catching up with her, or maybe the adrenaline was wearing off. Either way she felt like she had to puke. “Not very hero like to puke in the middle of a super brawl,” she scalded herself and got her wild innards under control.

Rolling under the next attack by the monster, Bridgette lashed out with another kick of her boot, but the damn thing just fizzed, “Damn, out of jet fuel,” Bridgette moaned. (Failed the Power Activation skill check, damn!)

Ducking another claw by the creature in front of her, Bridgette had no other choice but to punch the creature, but her blows were not all that strong and did little. It was not looking too good she thought as she dodged the creature’s attacks again. She might die right here, 17 and she had not even got started yet. She had some much she wanted to do. Gee her folks might not even know what happened to her. She wanted so much to hug them both right now, tell then she loved her Mom and Dad.

No Bridgette thought as she fell to her knees, the monsters having gotten a firm grip on her. She would not die here, not like this. Using the last of her strength, Bridgette grabbed the creature by the side of its odd shaped head and trust her hand into its mouth. Pushing a button and pulling a wire on the glove of her hand, she caused the control box for her Spy Bots to overload and explode, taking the head off the creature. (She used her Gadgeteer fest to jury rig the device to explode)

Sitting down on the ground with a deep sigh, Bridgette looked around to see the flying witch girl land near by and walk over. The last of the creatures were gone, disappearing into goo and steam on the ground before her.

Looking up at the girl with the broom in her hands, Bridgette offers a weak smile, “Thanks, I think you just save my life!”

“Hey, that’s what heroes are for,” The girl replied looking around for more monsters to blast with her arcane bolts.

“Bethany the Witch,” she offered as she helped Bridgette stand up. “Gadget Girl,” Bridgette offered as a replied.

“Ya I saw your WatchTube vids on line,” Bethany smiled, “way cool stuff. It got me to thinking that maybe I could do some good as well.”

“Really?” Bridgette laughed, surprise she had inspired this girl to becomes a super hero as well.

“You have any idea what’s going on around here with these monsters?” Bethany asked. “No,” Bridgette sighed, “I was hoping you might know something?”

“Nope, “ offered Bethany, “I have been feeling their arrival for the last few weeks,” she continued, “I can sort of sense these things and it felt real bad when they were around.”

Walking over to make sure Tom was all right Bridgette continued the conversation, “You think they are aliens?”

“No, they are magical in natures,” Bethany explained, “maybe from another dimension or something.”

“Magic?” Bridgette asked, trying to keep the skeptism out of her voice.

“Sure, you think that broom flies on its own. It takes magic, my magic.”

“So you are some kind of witch right!” Asked Tom. “Yep, from a long line of witches,” Bethany replies with pride. “Wow, cool.” Tom says as the three walk out of the park.

“You best get home Tom.” Bridgette says. “Alright,” Tom offers as he heads home, “thanks for the help,” he calls out as he crosses the street.

“You going to be OK?” Bethany asks as Bridgette leans up on her scooter. “Ya, I guess I never been beaten up in a fight before,” she says with a bit of dejection in her voice. “I guess being a super hero is a bit more dangerous then I first thought.”

“Well we beat them off and saved the kid,” Bethany beams back, ”so in my books that’s win any day of the week.”

Bridgette thinks on it a bit and then comes to a decision. “Look I am not all that sure I believe in magic and all,” she begins, “but we worked well together, so lets team up and see if we can figure out where and why these monsters are coming from and what they want.”

“Magic is real Gadget Girl, I’m living proof,” Bethany offers, “but I think you are right, we can figure this out together.”

“Great, let me get your phone number and I will call you.” Bridgette asks, “We can get together next weekend and compare notes and the like.” After the two exchange numbers Bridgette jumps on her scooter, “I hate to battle evil and run, but I was supposed to be somewhere an hour ago”

“Cool, I will see ya next weekend,” says Bethany as she waves good bye and mounts her broom, lifting off into the air.

This almost killed poor Gadget Girl. She took out most of the bad guys, but only with Bethany's help. Gadget Girl took a ton of damage, and was brought down to only two hit points left. She did though, live through it and gained a level and the following.

Both characters gained 2,200 exp.

Gadget Girl
Acrobat, Level 1
Detective Level 1
Human, Medium

Exp: 4,820

AC: 19
Hps: 14
Fort: +1 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Kick +0 (2D6)
Shock Gloves +0 (4D6, save for ½)

Str 10 (+0), Dex 16 (+3), Con 12 (+1), Int 16 (+3), Wis 10 (+0), Chr 15 (+3)

Class Features: Evasion, Class Ability (Initiative), Gear x2, Broad Knowledge (Investigation), Home City, Class Ability (Vehicle Dodge), Bonus Feat

Feats: Improved Initiative, Gadgeteer, Skill Focus (Electronics), Utility Belt, Well Equipped, Evasion

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Craft (Electronics) 1 (+5), Disable Device 1 (+4), Escape Artist 1 (+4), Investigation 3 (+18), Knowledge (Forensics) 1 (+4), Perception 2 (+7), Power Activation 2 (+4), Stealth 1 (+4), Swim (+1)

Special: (10 RPs) Combat Suit (Armor 3, +6 AC, item), Jet Boots (Super Jump 2, item), Glob Bomb (Entanglement 2, Major item, One use, Area of effect, Ranged), Spy Bot (Clairvoyance 2, Major item), Jet Boosted Kick (Natural Weapons 2, item), Jet Powered Scooter (Flight 3, Major item), Shock Gloves (4D6 damage, Energy Ray, No Range, Electricity, Major item), Forensic Kit (Major Item, innate Skill 1, +6 Investigation skill checks) Spy Goggles (Major item, Super Senses (+2 Skill to Perception)

Issue 1: A hero is Born
Issue 9: Dark Ones 2

Ranks:

Super Villain Ranks:

Part 8
Climbing through Jill’s bedroom window Bridgette falls to the floor with a slight whimper.

“Gee ya can’t come through the front door like normal people,” Jill asks at first and then sees that Bridgette is hurt. “AllMyGodBridgette!!!” She calls out in concern, her words falling out of her panicked mouth in a confused jumble.

“I’m alright Jill,” Bridgette tried to calm her best friend down, if Jill panicked then Bridgette was for sure going to cry, “I’m alright, just a bit banged up is all.”

“Banged up!” You are bleeding!” The panic in Jill’s voice growing with very word, “We got to get you to a hospital, I’m getting my Mom!”

“No!” Bridgette called after Jill as she turned to rush out of the bedroom. If Jill’s Mom found out what had happened she would call Bridgette’s Mom and then it would all be over, Gadget Girl would be finished, her dad would never allow her to go out on patrol again. “Jill just calm down, it looks worse then it is, “Bridgette offered with a calm, sure voice.

“Now this is what you are going to do,” Bridgette explained, “You are going to go get your first aid kit, the one you keep in the kitchen,” Bridgette continued without letting Jill think too much, “you are not going to tell you Mom anything. If she asks, you and me are going to do surgery on one of your dolls and you need stuff from the kit. You understand?” asked Bridgette to make sure Jill was listening. Jill nodded her head as she bit her lower lip. “Then you are going to come back up stairs and help me clean this wound and bandage it up.”

A few minutes later Jill was sitting on her bad with Bridgette’s costume laying on the floor, padding at her best friend’s mangled arm. “Bridgette some of these cuts are real deep, you are going to need stitches,” Jill told her as Bridgette winced each time Jill touched the cut with the gauze pad.

“Well you are good with a needle and thread, you can do it.” Bridgette offered with a weak smile. “No way, I can’t do that, you need a doctor to do that kind of stuff,” Jill complained.

“Jill I can’t go to the doctor so you are going to have to do it for me,” Bridgette said as she took the bottle of aspirin off the table next to the bed. “I can’t let my folks know about this, they would ground me for life. I would never be able to go out as Gadget Girl again.”

“Maybe you shouldn’t,” Jill offered, “its becoming dangerous Bridgette. You could die doing this kind of stuff.”

“I saved some kid's life tonight Jill. If I had not been there, he would be dead,” Bridgette offered as a way to justify her injuries.

“What happened?” Jill asked as she got up to get her sowing kit, her stomach turning over thinking about sowing up her friends arm.

Over the next hour Bridgette told her best friend about the monsters, the witch that help save little Tom and what little she know about the creatures.

After she was done Bridgette felt a bit light headed.

“We have to tell someone Bridgette, this is serious!” Jill told her.

"Who would believe me Jill, it’s just my word. The Go-cam bot blew up when I overloaded the control box taking that last creature out,” Bridgette explained, showing her friend the burn on her forearm where she had held the box in the creature’s mouth as it explode, killing the creature. “If I had some proof, maybe we could tell someone but as it stands, it just me and one of my crazy adventures. No one will believe it’s the truth.”

Jill just sat there and frowned. “Look Jill,” Bridgette said as she rubbed her head, “I’m wiped out. You think we can just go to bed and work on your home coming queen posters some other day?”

“Of course," Jill offered, kissing her friend on the check and tucking her into the bed. “Go to sleep and you will feel better tomorrow.”

As Bridgette’s head hit the pillow she was out, deep into a calm sleep.

Jill sat there for a few minutes thinking and then got up and turned off the light for the room and then turning on the desk light at her worktable. Picking up the dirty, torn costume off the floor where Bridgette had dropped it, Jill wiped a tear away and dropped the costume in the trash can be her feet. “That one is ruined, I will have to make a new one, maybe more then one if this keeps up.” That got her thinking as she turned on her computer and started to look for special materials for a new costume.

Jill upgrades Gadget Girl’s costume to Armor 3 and so she has an AC of 19 now.

Note that as this is issue 10, I would normally have to deal with the event, but I am going to save that for another character as I did with the event during issue 5.

"You should come to the museum with me?” Bridgette offered as she worked her arm around, trying to work out the stiffness that had set in over the course of the week.

“Why?” Jill asked over the table in the school library where the two of them sat.

“Because I got a lead I think,” Bridgette said, in a whisper as the teacher walked by. They were supposed to be doing research for their mid term paper in history. Mrs. Johnson gave them both the evil eye for talking but continued to walk on.

“What lead?” Jill whispered back.

“Well I was thinking, me and my Dad went to museum a few months back, they had an exhibit on primitive religions and magic,” Bridgette explained in hushed tones. “I figure if these things are magical in nature,” she continued, ”then that might be a good place to get some answers. I looked up the director of the museum and gave him a call. He said he would meet me and Bethany if we came over.”

You think he might be able to help?” Jill asked.

“Won’t hurt to try,” Bridgette muse.

Rolled another “11” and so Gadget Girl adds another +1 to her Do Gooder rank with the Contact, Informants and Allies results.

“Bethany, this is Jill, Jill, Bethany,” Bridgette introduced the two girls as Bethany walked up the steps to the museum’s front door.

“So you really can do magic?” Jill asked, “Real magic?”

“Yep,” Bethany offered.

“That’s crazy.” Jill said as she turned to walk up the steps after the young witch, Bridgette right behind her.

“No more crazy then your fiend here flying around town on her scooter,” Bethany countered as she held the door open for the other two. “Hey I only use the flying mode when there is an emergency,” Bridgette laughed.

“I’ve seen you drive that scooter, it always an emergency,” teased Jill.

Inside the three girls asked around and were directed upstairs to the museum’s director’s office. Bridgette knocked and then walked into the cramped office, an older man sitting behind a desk looked up as the three girls walked in, two dressed up in costumes.

“Can I help you young ladies?” Asked Gideon.

“Yes Mr. Gideon,” answered Bridgette, “I called you earlier this week about magic and monsters.”

“Oh, yes you did, well what can I tell you young lady?” Bridgette begins to explain the problem and what little they know. Bethany pipes in that one of her books on magic calls the creatures Dark Ones.

“You say these Dark One's you are seeking are demons?" Gideon asks, “humph I don't believe in such things…, but we do have a book here in the museum, and old, rare text, that is said to have a spell that summons demons.”

Taking the three girls to the locked room where the book is safely stored, the old man is shocked to find the case that held the book is empty.

“I don't understand, only I and Miss. Weberly have a key to this room!”

Looking everywhere the old man finally gives up. “I can't believe she would be involved in stealing the book, she seems to be such an honest woman. Then again, she has only worked here a few weeks…” Gideon admits.

We are deep in to the mission tree at this point and Gadget Girl has enough ranks in Do Gooder to jump on in to the next part. I forego the roll this time for the patrol roll, and just let her go straight to the mission.

Gadget Girl made both of her skill checks for this mission, and so gained 50 exp. and is now able to move on to the next mission. Both heroes gained 100 exp.

Gadget Girl
Acrobat, Level 1
Detective Level 1
Human, Medium

Exp: 4,970

Hps: 14
Fort: +1 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Kick +0 (2D6)
Shock Gloves +0 (4D6, save for ½)

Str 10 (+0), Dex 16 (+3), Con 12 (+1), Int 16 (+3), Wis 10 (+0), Chr 15 (+3)

Class Features: Evasion, Class Ability (Initiative), Gear x2, Broad Knowledge (Investigation), Home City, Class Ability (Vehicle Dodge), Bonus Feat

Feats: Improved Initiative, Gadgeteer, Skill Focus (Electronics), Utility Belt, Well Equipped, Evasion

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Craft (Electronics) 1 (+5), Disable Device 1 (+4), Escape Artist 1 (+4), Investigation 3 (+18), Knowledge (Forensics) 1 (+4), Perception 2 (+7), Power Activation 2 (+4), Stealth 1 (+4), Swim (+1)

Special: (10 RPs) Combat Suit (Armor 3, +6 AC, item), Jet Boots (Super Jump 2, item), Glob Bomb (Entanglement 2, Major item, One use, Area of effect, Ranged), Spy Bot (Clairvoyance 2, Major item), Jet Boosted Kick (Natural Weapons 2, item), Jet Powered Scooter (Flight 3, Major item), Shock Gloves (4D6 damage, Energy Ray, No Range, Electricity, Major item), Forensic Kit (Major Item, innate Skill 1, +6 Investigation skill checks) Spy Goggles (Major item, Super Senses (+2 Skill to Perception)

Issue 10: Rough Night
Issue 11: At the Library

Ranks:

Super Villain Ranks:

Last edited by hemdog560 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:48 pm 

Part 9
“Jill this might get dangerous,” Bridgette explains as the three walked out of the museum, “Maybe you should go home.”

“You think so?” Jill asked, “If it’s going to be dangerous then you two should call the police,” Jill offered.

“No cops,” Bethany complained a bit tiffed, “we’re super heroes, we can deal with one old lady.”

“If she is summoning demons to attack people in the city,” Jill countered, “then she is not just some old lady.”

“Look,” Bridgette offered, stepping in between the two before things got heated, “Jill I promise we will just go see what’s going on, nothing more. If it looks dangerous, we will call the police.” Jill smiled at that promise, but knew deep down inside Bridgette would not keep it. "Meanwhile Jill, you can help out by going home and doing an Internet search on this woman. Find out what you can and then call me with the information.”

“Ok!” Jill said as she left, not sure if she was mad because she knew she was right, or that Bridgette was going off with this new girl and leaving her behind to do the grunt work.

“You’re friend is kind of a stick in the mud,” Bethany complained. Bridgette ignored the comment and just walked away. “Come on, lets go talk to this Miss. Weberly.

Taking Weberly's address the young girls head for the museum assistant's apartment building, which is down in the Bowery. “Odd residence for an expert on ancient books to live, down here with the poor and desperate,” Comments Bethany the Witch, her upper north-side upbringing showing. Bridgette reminds her that the poor and desperate are here by circumstances, not by choice.

"If you say so,” Bridgette replied as the two arrives at the apartment building. As they try to enter the building, a big man in camouflaged fatigues steps out of the front door, a base ball bat in at hand and a Neighborhood Watch cap pulled down on top of his large head.

“Can I help you two?” He asks, the bat held a bit higher.

“We are here to look up a Miss. Weberly, in apartment 2 C. She has some questions to answer about a theft from the city museum,” Bridgette says with a gulp of air, surprised by the man’s appearance at the door.

“No one, lives in 2 C,” the man replies bluntly. “been vacant for a few weeks now, ever since the old man that lived there died.” The man tells you. “My name is John, captain and the only member of the local Neighborhood Watch,” he says with a bit of pride.

“Look, if you two think something strange is going on around here, I can't deny it, I have seen some odd stuff of late.” He says as he leads the two of you up to the second floor of the building, “so we might as well have a look in the old man's apartment, although I don't know what you are going to find, the daughter cleaned the place out a week ago.”

Opening the door with his super's key, John leads the two girls into the now empty apartment. These is little to see, but Bethany the Witch wrinkles her nose.

“Someone has been practicing magic here, I can smell it.” Just then, ten Dark Ones rise up out of the floors and out of the walls, attacking the two girls. John yelps and runs out the door as soon as the fight begins.

Both girls stumbled back into the hall by sheer luck, and that may well have saved both their lives. With the doorway open, the creatures rushed forward all at once and got stuck in the doorway. Using the opportunity, both heroines launched an attack, an arcane bolt followed by a shocking glove punch.

The same process followed almost every time, the creatures fighting with each other to get out of the door and the two girls standing there blasting them as they struggled to rip them apart.

Soon enough it all over, the last of the creatures smoking and disappearing. “See, like I said, a bit of girl power and the monsters go bye-bye,” Bethany says as she walks into the room.

Looking around the place they see it has been trashed, the Dark One ripping up all the furniture and the walls. While Bridgette looked at some scattered papers on the floor Bethany was drawn to the back wall. “Hey look at this,” she said, calling Bridgette over to have a look at a hidden safe.

“Got any clue how to open it?” Bethany asked. “Hum, let me look at it, I might have something,” Bridgette said as she stepped up. “Yep, its magnetic in nature. I think I can use the magnetometer in my shock glove to turn the tumblers. Give me a fee minutes to set it all up.” A short time later the safe is open and the two are looking at a whole pile of papers and drawings. Bethany the Witch looked them all over and said they are magical in nature and tell of the old man's name was Willard, and how he was a member of some cult called the Elemental Lords. It seems he left their ranks some years before and was practicing magic on his own.

“There is also a spell to banish the Dark Ones for once and for all,” Bethany confirms, “If I can just get close to the source that summoned them, the Book of Shadows, the very book that was stolen from the Museum, I can end this.”

Looking at the loose papers found on the floor Bridgette finds that they are a manifest from a moving company, with an address where the furniture from the apartment was to be delivered, a small estate out of the Heights.

“I bet we find our Miss. Weberly, the book, and old man Willard's stuff all at this estate,” offers Bethany as she heads out of the apartment.

Off to the next mission. Now Gadget Girl does not have a rank in Vigilante, but as Bethany does, I used her as the lead character this time around. Both gained 225 exp. and a +1 Reputation.

Gadget Girl
Acrobat, Level 2
Detective Level 1
Human, Medium

Exp: 5,195

Hps: 20
Base Attack: +1
Fort: +1 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
Melee: Fist +1 (1D3+3)
Kick +1 (2D6+3)
Shock Gloves +1 (4D6, save for ½)

Feats: Improved Initiative, Gadgeteer, Skill Focus (Electronics), Utility Belt, Well Equipped, Evasion, Unarmed Strike, Lair, Fleet

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Craft (Electronics) 2 (+6), Disable Device 2 (+5), Escape Artist 2 (+5), Investigation 4 (+21), Knowledge (Forensics) 1 (+4), Perception 3 (+10), Power Activation 2 (+4), Stealth 2 (+5), Swim (+1)

Special: (12 RPs) Combat Suit (Armor 3, +6 AC, item), Jet Boots (Super Jump 2, item), Glob Bomb (Entanglement 2, Major item, One use, Area of effect, Ranged), Spy Bot (Clairvoyance 2, Major item), Jet Boosted Kick (Natural Weapons 2, item), Jet Powered Scooter (Flight 3, Major item), Shock Gloves (4D6 damage, Energy Ray, No Range, Electricity, Major item), Forensic Kit (Major Item, Innate Skill 4, +8 Investigation skill checks) Spy Goggles (Major item, Super Senses 2 (+4 Skill to Perception)

Lair: (4 RPs) Vehicle Garage, Science Lab, Trophy Hall
Fleet: Scooter with boat and sub combo (6 RPs) (All tied to the scooter, Stealth, Sonar, Radar, Water Capable, Under Water Capable, Super Speed (+10 Mph)

Issue 12: Dark Ones 3

Ranks:

Super Villain Ranks:

Part 10
A little ways outside of the city's limits are the Heights, where the rich make their homes. Most of the places out here are small estates and grand grounds with mansions, gardens, tress, and rich surroundings, a far cry from normal peoples' homes.

Near Mount Silver lies the run-down Weberly Estate, a small place compared to many of the others in the area. Still, it has high walls, iron gates, and a small mansion towards the cliffs at the back of the grounds. The girls sneak on in with little effort as the place feels and looks abandoned, but after only a few feet the two young super heroines run into a group of Dark Ones as they seep up out of the grounds and trees around the two.

Bridgette calls for Bethany to cast the banishing spell, but Bethany says it can only be used near the source of the magic, and the Book of Shadows is no where to be seen. “We will have to deal with these monsters the old-fashioned way,” Bethany shouts as she casts one of her Arcane Bolt spell.

Another goes down with a glob bomb from Bridgette as Bethany takes to the sky on her broom. Rushing up to her, one of the creatures rips at Bridgette’s arm, but this time the cloth holds and the claws fall away with no harm done. “Remind me to thank Jill for the new costume,” Bridgette calls out to Bethany as she slaps the monster in front of her with her shock glove. Bethany just ignores her as she blasts another one of the creatures.

Soon enough the creatures are defeated and the two girls are alone once more.

“Well, whatever surprise we might have had is gone for sure. Weberly will know we are here,” says Bethany with a little pout.

It's doesn’t matter,” Bridgette replies as she heads towards he house, “we got a job to do, lets get it done.”

Heading for the mansion the two enter to find the place dark, dusty, and full of cobwebs.

“No one has lived here in a long time,” says Bethany.

“You hear that,” Bridgette asked, turning her head, "sounds like chanting.” Both stop to listen and can now hear a low chant coming from the back of the main room, out on the balcony overlooking the cliffs and the sheer drop below. Stepping out on to the balcony they find a middle-aged woman, her hands raised high as she chants a spell, a book before her on a stand. The book seems to be glowing with a nasty green light and the air is abnormally cold.

“Too late, my dears, I am about to summon the Demon King of the Dark Realms. With him as my slave and his Dark One warriors at my beck and call, I will conquer the world,” Weberly screams with a mad glare in her eyes. Just then more Dark Ones appear around her, and launch themselves at the two girls.

“You deal with the Dark Ones and leave Weberly to me!” Calls Bethany as she leaps into the air on her broom.

“Gee, thanks,” Bridgette calls back as she throws a Glob bomb, taking out two of the creatures. As the other three come at her Bridgette ducks under one and punches another in one of its many faces, her shock glove kicking in and blasting the creature with a lot of amps.

Meanwhile Bethany is swooping around the head of the crazy old lady, yelling a spell at the top of her lungs. As the two battle magics spells a doorway opens to a neather world and a dark thing of terrible might and evil soul reaches out.

“If you’re going to do it, now’s the time,” called Bridgette as she ducked another swipe of a Dark One’s claws. Bethany then finishes her spell, and with a scream of terror Weberly is pulled into the void by the falling Demon King as the two disappear before Bridgette’s very eyes. Bethany falls to the ground hurt and burned, but alive.

“I stopped them, but it cost me a lot,” she whispers as she passes out.

Well that’s the end of the mission tree. Both heroes gain another 2,800 Exp, one hero point and they have to added the Elemental Lords to their villain list.

Gadget Girl
Acrobat, Level 2
Detective Level 1
Human, Medium

Exp: 7,995

\Init: +8
Hps: 20
Base Attack: +1
Fort: +1 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
Melee: Fist +1 (1D3+3)
Kick +1 (1D6+3)
Shock Gloves +1 (4D6, save for ½)

Feats: Improved Initiative, Gadgeteer, Skill Focus (Electronics), Utility Belt, Well Equipped, Evasion, Unarmed Strike, Lair, Fleet

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Craft (Electronics) 2 (+7), Disable Device 2 (+5), Escape Artist 2 (+5), Investigation 4 (+21), Knowledge (Forensics) 1 (+4), Perception 3 (+10), Power Activation 2 (+4), Stealth 2 (+5), Swim (+1)

Special: (12 RPs) Combat Suit (Armor 3, +6 AC, item), Jet Boots (Super Jump 2, item), Glob Bomb (Entanglement 2, Major item, One use, Area of effect, Ranged), Spy Bot (Clairvoyance 2, Major item), Jet Boosted Kick (Natural Weapons 2, item), Jet Powered Scooter (Flight 3, Major item), Shock Gloves (4D6 damage, Energy Ray, No Range, Electricity, Major item), Forensic Kit (Major Item, Innate Skill 4,+8 Investigation skill checks) Spy Goggles (Major item, Super Senses 2 (+4 Skill to Perception)

Lair: (4 RPs) Vehicle Garage, Science Lab, Trophy Hall, Launch Bay
Fleet: Scooter with boat and sub combo (6 RPs) (All tied to the scooter, Stealth, Sonar, Radar, Water Capable, Under Water Capable, Super Speed (+10 Mph)

Issue: 1 A hero is Born
Issue 12: Dark Ones 3
Issue 13: End of the Dark Ones

Ranks:

Super Villain Ranks:
Elemental Lords: 1

Heroes Rank:
Bethany the Witch 4

Hero Points: 2

OfflineProfile