Login Problems?

If you can't log into the forum, go here for help. Forum Login Info

The Avalon Team

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 pm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:28 pm 

I am trying to understand how the power Invulnerability works.

On page 69 it says No Power Activation roll required so that means it is always on, I assume.

Then it says: Add +2 to the power check for every 10 points of damage stopped by this power.

As an example, let's say over 5 rounds I have been hit for 10 points of damage total and my Invulnerability has stopped it all. I now need to roll a Power Activation Check (which is the same as a Power Check)? And the DC for that is 10 + Power Level + Power Modifiers. I am level 1 and I have only put one Power Point into Invulnerability so the Power Level is 1? It adds +2 Power Modifier to the check. I would not have any other Power Modifier as I have not applied any templates to it that say it adds to the Power Activation DC. This means I need to roll a d20 and add my Power Activation skill. I have 1 rank in Power Activation which gives +3 as it is a class skill and my WIS bonus is +2, for +5 total. As long as I roll an 8 or higher, my Invulnerability stays on. Is that correct?

Also for the power it says The Invulnerability lasts until its maximum damage has been reached. I am not finding any reference to what its maximum damage is so does anyone know what that means? I also do not see any reference to it in Pathfinder core rulebook.

Thanks.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:19 pm 

TriOpticon wrote:
I am trying to understand how the power Invulnerability works.

On page 69 it says No Power Activation roll required so that means it is always on, I assume.

Then it says: Add +2 to the power check for every 10 points of damage stopped by this power.

As an example, let's say over 5 rounds I have been hit for 10 points of damage total and my Invulnerability has stopped it all. I now need to roll a Power Activation Check (which is the same as a Power Check)? And the DC for that is 10 + Power Level + Power Modifiers. I am level 1 and I have only put one Power Point into Invulnerability so the Power Level is 1? It adds +2 Power Modifier to the check. I would not have any other Power Modifier as I have not applied any templates to it that say it adds to the Power Activation DC. This means I need to roll a d20 and add my Power Activation skill. I have 1 rank in Power Activation which gives +3 as it is a class skill and my WIS bonus is +2, for +5 total. As long as I roll an 8 or higher, my Invulnerability stays on. Is that correct?

Also for the power it says The Invulnerability lasts until its maximum damage has been reached. I am not finding any reference to what its maximum damage is so does anyone know what that means? I also do not see any reference to it in Pathfinder core rulebook.

Thanks.

You have it correct, but the activation cost only come into p;lay when you are tryimng to stop 10 or more points of dmage all at once, for a single attack.

examople:
Strong Man has the invulnerable power at power level 6. He can stop a total of 12 poionts of damage at any one time or in total. He is hit for 5 poonts of damage by a thug with a gun, and so he stops the damage out right without having to make the activation roll. Later on he tries to stop an exploion that does 10 points of dmage. He will have to make the activation roll as it is a loot of dmaage to stop all at once. he will also not be able to stop all of it, as he has already used up 5 points of his invulnerablity. Thus even if he does stop the damage, he will srill take 3 of the ten points of damage. (5 already plus 7 more he can stop)

Hope tht makes since.

As for max amount of damage it can stop is 2 per level. So at say power level 6 you could stop a total of 12 points of damage. After you have reached that 12 point limit the power will no longer work for that battle.

While the power has no activation cost to use it, it does have one when you are trying to stop a lot of damage all at once thus the 20 point activation cost)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:05 pm 

Makes sense but let me make sure I understand.

At level 1 I can stop 2 points. If I take 10+ points at once (say 12), I roll a Power Activation Check. If I fail, I take all 12 points of damage. if I succeed I take 10 points of damage? Either way, my invulnerability is turned off for the rest of the battle?

In another battle, round 1 I am hit and only does 1 point of damage which is ignored due to invulnerability. The second round, I take another 1 point of damage which is ignored due to invulnerability. But, because I am level 1 and the DR is only 2, my invulnerability is off for the rest of this battle?

Thanks for answering my questions!

OfflineProfile