Login Problems?

If you can't log into the forum, go here for help. Forum Login Info

The Avalon Team

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Post subject: Welcome post
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:53 am 

Hi everyone, this is a first introductory post on the board. Many thanks to Rob and especially Lance for figuring out some difficulties I had with posting here. So, if any of y'all are having trouble, there is a fix!

Anyway, intro... Real name is Mike Read aka Porkbelly. I'm primarily a hex and counter solo gamer from the golden age of Avalon Hill and SPI - any and all genres are good. I've collected/inherited hundreds of older games, mostly un-played, and switch between them as the bug bites with no clear favorites.

My Avalon Games interests are with the older mini-games at the moment, which hearken back to the days of Metagaming and TFG that I collected so devoutly as a young gamer. Have been occasionally buying up the Avalon mini-games on and off for a quite a while and there's a good couple dozen titles on my play list. Great respect for how prolific Rob is with producing material, and the fact that he's been doing so non-stop for so many years is pretty incredible.

When I saw Avalon was stopping it's newsletter, it put me on a little mini-game binge and I finally got around to posting a solo session report out on BGG for Graveyard Dash (may as well start with #1). I do plan to continue with game #2 while the bug still bites and may post more sessions.

BGG Link: They're Coming for you Susan!

So, just saying hi to everyone and hope we see more traffic on this forum. Looking forward to some good gaming talk.

OfflineProfile