Login Problems?

If you can't log into the forum, go here for help. Forum Login Info

The Avalon Team

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:27 am

Post subject: Reply to Pazio Review
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:04 am 

A fan posted a review of the first adventure for Avalon Quest. Unfortunately Pazio does not let me reply to the review, so I thought I would do so here on the forum.

Here is the review and our reply. Hope it helps out.

I enjoyed the mini campaign that came with the Avalon rules immensely and this one looked excellent at first glance. Unfortunately, my first, and likely, only attempt at this adventure looks like it's stalled very quickly.
Most of the quests are blocked and must be unlocked by amassing enough Glory or Notoriety. Unfortunately, the number of freely available quests is not high enough to allow an unlucky player to find some way of progressing. Deadlock at an early stage is not only possible, but is likely. There are 3 quests which reward glory available to a starting party. Two of them have a time limit. One of them can be quite difficult. Miss one of those, the game essentially is dead in the water. Same thing on the notoriety side. The first free quest which rewards notoriety requires the party of first level characters to defeat a nasty villain who can ignore the first 10 points of damage on each hit. It's suicide.

This only applies to the "Story Quests" and not to the other quests and missions open for play in the adventure. You can have a lot of fun just playing around with the none story quests. If though you want to "Win" the game, then you must complete the Story Quest and within 2 months of game play. So yes its a difficult fast. If you play only 1st level characters you will of course find this to be a very difficult fast. We would suggest either s mix of levels, or all 2nd level, which you should have been able to achieve if you play though the mini-adventure thats comes with the core game.

Another suggestion is play through a lot of the non-story quests, and then once you have gained some levels, go and try the story quests. This will allow you to gain some levels and be ready for the hard task ahead. This is a bit of a cheat, but it still allows you to play through the whole adventure and all its quests.

OfflineProfile