Login Problems?

If you can't log into the forum, go here for help. Forum Login Info

The Avalon Team

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:29 pm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:40 pm 

I could not help myself looking and I see quite a few interesting games out now. Mainly Counter Wars (Fantasy, 4C Brawls and Fringe). I did have a few questions about it.
    1. I can only go by what I see in the Full-size Preview on DriveThruRPG. Included it says there are terrain markers and I do not see mention of tiles. So is this tileless and the terrain markers are like trees, rocks, etc. making this closer to a miniatures game than the other Avalon games that I have? (Who would not like to play a minis game on a 18" x 12" field? I mean, that is kitchen table sized. It is great for me as I move/travel and currently I live in Japan.)

2. On your December 23, 2017 blog you mention CW not doing well until you sold it as a bundle. Since it is now doing well, are there plans for expanding the Fantasy and 4C Brawls with future sets, terrain, command cards, etc.?

3. Are the command cards in the CW Advanced expansion compatible with all CW games? Or, just Fantasy?

4. And to be sure, CW is more of a skirmish sized game whereas your Nova Blast is more of a large unit/army sized game?
My next set of questions is about your paper figures and counters.
    1. I've been mainly looking at the starships in the Models such as the Cymark Fleet. I have not seen much as far as instructions in the preview but I assume they are all cut, fold and glue, and then bend/twist at the lines marked? Mostly flat figures with an occasional fin, correct?

2. Are the other sets, such as the 3-D Counters or the Avalon Models Adventurers or the Nova Blast Forces of the Fringe sets, in scale to each other? In other words if you have a Giant and a Dwarf, is the Giant a bigger figure or are they all the same size?

3. Will it look OK if I mix and match sets?
Now for Battle Axe it sounds like you are making a new edition. Will the old stuff be compatible and upgrade to the new edition or will the new edition need to be a new purchase?

Finally, for all your products, is there a catalog of some sort that says something like "suchandsuch includes all these products"? I sometimes cannot tell from the huge catalog if I have found everything for Heroes Inc or CW. And the search on DriveThruRPG is not the greatest.

Thanks for reading all my questions. I know you mention you do not read the forums all the time so I may look into sending an email this in a few days. I hope that is OK.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:13 pm 

TriOpticon wrote:
I could not help myself looking and I see quite a few interesting games out now. Mainly Counter Wars (Fantasy, 4C Brawls and Fringe). I did have a few questions about it.

See our replies in bold below....

1. I can only go by what I see in the Full-size Preview on DriveThruRPG. Included it says there are terrain markers and I do not see mention of tiles. So is this tileless and the terrain markers are like trees, rocks, etc. making this closer to a miniatures game than the other Avalon games that I have? (Who would not like to play a minis game on a 18" x 12" field? I mean, that is kitchen table sized. It is great for me as I move/travel and currently I live in Japan.)

The terrain markers are just that, little paper, flat terrains to set up on the table top. They are not tiles, but odd shaped terrains showing trees, rocks and buildings.

2. On your December 23, 2017 blog you mention CW not doing well until you sold it as a bundle. Since it is now doing well, are there plans for expanding the Fantasy and 4C Brawls with future sets, terrain, command cards, etc.?

We won't be releasing any expansions for the alrrady published sets as they are more or less complete. We do have plans for some more expansions though. Zombies vs. marines and some other odd ball stuff.

3. Are the command cards in the CW Advanced expansion compatible with all CW games? Or, just Fantasy?

Ya they are usbale for all the different expansions and sets.

4. And to be sure, CW is more of a skirmish sized game whereas your Nova Blast is more of a large unit/army sized game?

It is a skirmish level game as each counter represents a single characater. Nova blast is a squad level game.

My next set of questions is about your paper figures and counters.

OK shoot.

1. I've been mainly looking at the starships in the Models such as the Cymark Fleet. I have not seen much as far as instructions in the preview but I assume they are all cut, fold and glue, and then bend/twist at the lines marked? Mostly flat figures with an occasional fin, correct?

Ya they are more or less sinple fold and play paper models. Some need a bit of cuting and glue, but all are very simple to build.

2. Are the other sets, such as the 3-D Counters or the Avalon Models Adventurers or the Nova Blast Forces of the Fringe sets, in scale to each other? In other words if you have a Giant and a Dwarf, is the Giant a bigger figure or are they all the same size?

Ya all are set to 28mm in size, so the figures are correct. A gaint is big, while a dwarf is small.

3. Will it look OK if I mix and match sets?

Sure, but some art may be different then other, based on the atist that created said set.

Now for Battle Axe it sounds like you are making a new edition. Will the old stuff be compatible and upgrade to the new edition or will the new edition need to be a new purchase?

It is the same game, but with updated art and new card layout. It is though the same game. The biggest difference will be that the cards can be orders, pre-printed and so you can just dump the whole print to play issues. With that said the cards will still be avalibe as print to play is yoiu wish to print up what you want and not buy a whole deck of cards.

Finally, for all your products, is there a catalog of some sort that says something like "suchandsuch includes all these products"? I sometimes cannot tell from the huge catalog if I have found everything for Heroes Inc or CW. And the search on DriveThruRPG is not the greatest.

Ya it would be nice to have a full list. We used to offer a free cataglog with all the stuff listed that way, but after almost 3,000 products, we gave up. Maybe this summer I will put out a free list of products in what catagory and the like.

Thanks for reading all my questions. I know you mention you do not read the forums all the time so I may look into sending an email this in a few days. I hope that is OK.

We try to be up to day as much as we can, but life is life and can get in the way...

If you have more questions, just ask. We would love to hear some battle reports when or if you get the time. We also have a few fans in Japan, so maybe you can all get together some time and have an Avalon Night.

Rob
Avalon Games

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:34 pm 

Rob, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it as I know how life can get in the way!

Quote:

We won't be releasing any expansions for the alrrady published sets as they are more or less complete. We do have plans for some more expansions though. Zombies vs. marines and some other odd ball stuff.
OK, cool. Aliens vs Marines in the cramped confines of a spaceship? :) Of course, you may already have something like that....

Quote:
If you have more questions, just ask. We would love to hear some battle reports when or if you get the time. We also have a few fans in Japan, so maybe you can all get together some time and have an Avalon Night.
I will look for them. There are a few English speaking forums I belong to so I will ask there. I'll be printing out some Heroes Inc and bring it to the meetups to get them to try that out.

Thanks!

OfflineProfile