Login Problems?

If you can't log into the forum, go here for help. Forum Login Info

The Avalon Team

It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Post subject: Banners of War
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:58 pm 

So I have been working on the expandion to the Child of Destiny series, Banners of War book.

While it continues the story present in the CoD series, my plan had been that it would be a stand alone book, with some mass combat, all geared towards 10th level or higher characters.

Here’s the problem, the more I write, the longer it is getting. I am only three adventures in and it is already as long as a standard adventure books, which generally offers six adventures per book.

As I write, I am having more and more stuff pop up in my head, so much that I can see this turning into a full blown series onto itself, two, three or maybe even four books long.

So what to do. I had planned for this to be a part of the third wave of books, which already has a four book series, the Watchers, as well as the last of the side track books. So do I add this, say a four book series, which mean fewer stand along books in that wave (I would have to cut the stand alone books to only one in the third wave), or do I just start cutting stuff out of the Banners of War, making it a single book.

If I continue to write what I am doing now, that would mean I may have to throw one or more books off to other writers, which makes them happy of course, but they always write stuff differently then I do, so some of the books will turn out differently then I had imagined them.i want to write them all, but I have to sleep, eat and go to work, so time is always limited.

Could add another wave of books I guess, but that means six extra books I had not planned for.

Choices......

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Banners of War
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:02 pm 

My opinion is to grew that story as best you can as it's a main full adventure, and reduce the standalone adventures to one or even none. The standalone could always be offered as a seperate purchase for those that want them.

OfflineProfile