Login Problems?

If you can't log into the forum, go here for help. Forum Login Info

The Avalon Team

It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Post subject: December is here
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:18 am 

Well another week, and more work completed. Most of this week I was dealing with the nuts and bolts of the mass combat system we will be using for ASA.

It is basically the same game engine that 5e D&D uses for combat, but simplified a bit and geared up for larger groups of combatants.

I had to stat out a bunch of basic units, deal with some war maps of the whole areas under contest and come up with some basic resources to be fought over.

I need to test it all out still, but so far it seems to work fine.

Now that I have it more of less done, so now I can start on the second book for the Banners of War series. This one will use the mass combat system a lot, so I needed to have it well and done before I could start the next book.

Several of the fans commented about the future and what Avalon should put out. Most want us to either expand into a Sci-Fi genre or even more of you want to expand the setting we already have going.

I think we can do both, so work will start this summer or late spring on the Sci-Fi version of the game, and we will continue with the exploration of the Feldhold world. Next on the list of places to explore and detail out will be the city of Gieldrtih. It has already been worked up and used in a few of the adventures books, so it will not be all that hard to start working upon adventures for the city.

I think we will do just like the core books, and offer an updated encounters book, a new adventure book for 1st to 3rd level characters and then off we go with adventure books for that city and surrounding area.

Once I get this last series done, I may have time to start on the Gieldrtih books.

OK, still have not had time to work on the bad guys melee charts, bit I do need to get them done before the release of the core ASA books to the public. I want it done and no more updates to it for when we release the game to the mass public on One Books Drivethru RPG.

OfflineProfile